With the increasing impact of mental health problems on workplaces, early intervention is key. Mental Health First Aid skills are an invaluable investment that will positively impact your workplace culture, reduce stigma around mental health issues, promote self help strategies and seeking professional help where appropriate.
Mental health first aid teaches knowledge & skills to give your staff confidence to have supportive conversations with colleagues who may be developing a mental health concern.
- Overview of mental health problems & prevalence in Australia,
- Introduction to the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan,
- Overview of common mental illnesses including Depression, Anxiety, Psychosis & Substance Use Problems,
- First Aid responses for mental health crises situations such as panic attacks, traumatic events & suicidal thoughts,
- Interventions and support services overview.
This is a 12-hour course with flexible delivery to suit your workplace.
Who Can Attend?
Mental Health First Aid is suited to staff at all levels of your organisation, in fact we recommend it. Those best placed to notice changes and intervene early are those working alongside each other. Specific roles the training would be beneficial to include:
- Human Resources
- Occupational Health & Safety roles
- Team Leaders
- Currently identified ‘Staff Support Roles’
- Staff to be appointed as Mental Health First Aid Officers
- Physical First Aid staff
- Staff working with ‘high need clients’
- Staff working in ‘high risk’ environments e.g. childcare, fitness industry, nursing, education, aged care,
Mental Health First Aid strategies are taught in evidence-based training courses authored by Mental Health First Aid Australia. Mental Health Education & Training facilitators are accredited by MHFA Australia.
Mental Health Education & Training can deliver Mental Health First Aid direct to your workplace or another suitable venue as required. Book a course for your organisation or to join a public course today.